Fully automatic surface inspection of painted automobile attachments
A perfectly painted surface is every car's staple feature. Thus the quality requirements for painted parts attached to the car body are the same as with the body itself. Objective inspection is possible with the reflectCONTROL PSS 8005.D robot-assisted inspection system for large and complex attachments such as bumpers. The defects are measured laterally and in depth and classified on the basis of catalogues and optionally marked during robot-based inspection with the automationCONTROL 8005 PSS 8005.M system using ATENSOR-LS1 technology*. This way, follow-up work and process improvements can be performed precisely as required and easily.
- Objective 100% inspection of all vehicles manufactured
- Employees can concentrate on remedying critical defects and not on identifying them
- Detection of defects immediately after the painting booth, when they can still be easily reworked
- Cutting costs by reducing defects
- Reducing the number of rework lines
- Defect sizes of from 10 µm, lateral
- Local 3D-reconstruction allows the automation of follow-up work
- Detection rate that is practically independent of colour
- Not dependent on the robot type
The reflectCONTROL PSS 8005.D system uses robot-controlled sensors that inspect shiny surfaces on the principle of the phase-shifting deflectometry. The robot tracks are defined offline by simulation with the aid of CAD data of the objects being inspected. Optionally, automatic defect marking can be performed with the automationCONTROL PSS 8005.M system.
- Inspection time <1 s per robot position
- Detection rate >95% for all relevant defect types
- Reproducible inspection, regardless of the personal constitution of human auditors
back to product group "Painting and paint inspection"