Fully automated, robot-based painting of diesel truck engines using ATENSOR LS1 technology*
Up to now, the great variety of diesel engines for trucks and other commercial vehicles has prevented automated painting by robots, due to the very high manual programming effort required. The automationCONTROL DPS 8005.T system uses optical sensors to measure the engines in a scanning cabin, and then generates custom robot programmes that can be adapted to all types with their different attachments. The programmes are loaded into the robot's memory and then executed automatically.
- Robot-assisted processing is possible for a variety of objects
- Versions are detected automatically and correctly handled
- Continuous processing quality for a wide range of products
- Automated cleaning by robots prior to the coating process is possible
- Diesel engines for commercial vehicles of all kinds
- The engines are moved through the scanning cabin on hangers
By scanning in a scanning cabin, the location and geometry of the objects to be processed can be recorded digitally. Based on this data, the system generates individual collision-free and singularity-free robot programmes for each object. These programmes are then run by the processing robot. The process is carried out automatically, without any manual intervention.
- 100% non-contact measurement
- Resolution less than 2 mm
- Cycle time of less than 60 sec
back to product group "Painting and paint inspection"