Thermal imaging Camera for non-contact temperature measurement of metals
The new thermoIMAGER TIM M1 thermal imaging camera has been designed specifically for accurate temperature measurement of metals. Measuring the temperature of metals at 1um wavelength gives significant advantages over conventional cameras which operate at 8-14um. This is due to metals having a significantly higher emissivity at 1um which results in a more accurate and stable measurement.
Extremely compact yet robust
The temperature measurement range of the thermoIMAGER TIM M1 is 450°C to 1800°C, which makes the thermal imager ideal for both primary and secondary metal processing applications, including hardening and forming processes. In addition, the TIM M1 is also suitable for measurements of graphite and ceramics.
The compact dimensions of 46 x 56 x 90mm enable the TIM M1 to be integrated easily into existing machinery and processes however for more demanding environments, a robust stainless steel air or water cooled enclosure can be supplied to protect the camera enabling operation in ambient temperatures of up to 315°C!
Advanced software – licence free
The licence free software supplied with every TIM M1 has many advanced functions to enable real time process control and multiple alarm output configurations. In addition, the TIM M1 can measure at up to 1 kHz with its centre pixel, which enables the TIM M1 to be also used as a high-speed spot pyrometer with integrated alarm and output functions.
The licence free software also includes a full SDK and command library to allow custom software visualisations to be created. Open connectivity drivers are also provided for software integration via DLL, ComPort and LabVIEW simplifying connectivity to existing fieldbus networks.
Now Available: TIM M1 with blocking filter - ideal for laser processing
The high speed and compact TIM M1 is also available with integrated blocking filter, making the thermal imaging camera ideal for laser processing applications. Applications include the use in R&D, Machine closed loop control and in-process production.
- Notch filter blocks wavelengths of 1064nm
- 764 x 480 pixels, 39° x 25° @ 32Hz
- Extremely fast 1kHz, 72 x 56 pixels
- Temperature range from 500 to 1800°C
- High speed recording enables monitoring flash energy distribution across weld profile.
Call 0151 355 6070 or email Micro Epsilon to discuss further and to arrange a free on site demonstration.
TIM M1 Features
• Measuring ranges: 450 to 1800°C / 500 to 1800°C / 600 to 1800°C
• Optical resolution: 764 x 480 pixels
• Spectral range: 0.92 – 1.1µm
• Lenses: 51°x39° / 26°x20° / 20°x15° / 13°x10°/ 6.2°x4.7°/ 4.0°x3.0°
• Image frequency: 32Hz / 80Hz or 27Hz / 1kHz
• Supply and operation via USB
• Extremely lightweight, robust and compact
• Analogue input and output, process interface
• Robust design (protection class IP67), optional cooling jacket
back to product group "Thermal Imaging Cameras"