Thickness measurement in strip systems
In strip systems such as longitudinal and cut-to-length slitting shears, the advantages of C-frame and O-frame shaped measurement systems of the thicknessCONTROL 820x and 920x series become particularly clear. The high lateral resolution of discrete laser lines enables both thickness measurement and width detection. Also in grinding and milling lines, these systems offer high precision measurements on highly polished surfaces.
- Geometrical measurements without effects caused by material
- Fully automatic calibration
- Recognition and compensation of tilting
- High lateral resolution enables combined thickness and width measurement
- Detection of individual strips in longitudinal slitting shears
- Comprehensive analysis software with numerous graphs for cross-sections, longitudinal profiles, SPC analysis and false-colour representation
- Unlike the C-frame, the O-frame requires hardly any space beside the strip system
O-frame thicknessCONTROL MTS 8201.LLT
The O-frame system is installed into the line after the mill.
- Width: 700mm to 1400mm
- Thickness: 10mm up to 25mm
- Material temperature: < 45°C
The system measures the thickness profile by traversing. A fieldbus interface transmits the data to the mill for feedback control purposes.