Laser sensors for metals and rough surfaces
rough and reflecting surfaces
The optoNCDT LL laser sensors produce an oval-shaped light spot of just a few millimetres in width which reminds of a short »laser line« (LL). This oval light spot compensates for inhomogeneous surface structures and the so-called »speckling« effect which particularly occurs with metallic surfaces. Combined with special software algorithms, interferences caused by surface roughness, defects, indentations or holes are filtered out. This enables stable and precise measurement results.
Reliable measurements on structured and metallic surfaces
The optoNCDT LL laser sensors are available in several series with different measuring ranges, measuring rates and accuracies. They are used for precise distance measurements on structured surfaces, i.e. when the distance to the surface and not the structure itself needs to be measured. For fine details and surface structures, the optoNCDT sensors with a point-shaped laser and the Blue Laser sensors are the preferred choice.
The compact optoNCDT 1420 LL laser sensors are designed for measurements of shiny metallic and rough surfaces. The oval light spot, which resembles a short laser line, can better compensate for unevenness such as texture and roughness. Special software algorithms filter out interference caused by surface roughness, defects, depressions or the smallest holes.
- Laser sensor with special lens with oval light spot (short laser line)
- Precise measurement on metal surfaces and structured surfaces
- Active Surface Compensation for changing surfaces (ASC)
- Integrated controller
- Measuring range (mm):
10 | 25 | 50
- Linearity from 8 µm
- Adjustable measuring rate up to 4 kHz
- Digital interface (integrated): RS422 (16 bit)
- Digital interfaces (optional connection via interface module): PROFINET, EtherNet/IP
- Scalable analogue output
optoNCDT 1900 LL laser sensors are designed for the measurement of shiny metallic and rough surfaces. Their small laser line enables precise measurement results with shiny metallic surfaces and structured objects. Due to their extremely compact size, the sensors can also be integrated into restricted installation spaces.
- Laser sensor with special lens and oval light spot (small laser line)
- Ideal for static and dynamic distance measurements on metals, structured surfaces and measuring objects where the laser beam penetrates
- Compact sensor design with integrated controller
- High resistance to ambient light
- Measuring ranges (mm):
2 | 6 | 10 | 25 | 50
- Linearity from 1 µm
- Repeatability 0.1 µm
- Adjustable measuring rate up to 10 kHz
- Interfaces: analogue output, RS422, PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT
- Advanced Surface Compensation for surfaces with changing reflections
Compared to a conventional standard laser spot, this measuring stability is dramatically improved, even when measuring at the extreme high rate of 49kHz!
Additionally, the optoNCDT 2300LL has the new Ethernet interface which is used for remote configuration, diagnostics (through the devices own IP address) and output measurements. Conventional serial RS422 and analogue outputs are also offered if preferred.
Please click here to return to the complete optoNCDT laser sensors family.
- Measuring ranges (mm):
2 | 10 | 20 | 50
- Linearity max 0.6µm
- Resolution max. 0.03µm
- Adjustable measuring rate up to 49.140 kHz
- Interfaces: Ethernet, EtherCAT, RS422, Profinet, EtherNet/IP, analogue via CSP2008 controller
- Special optics for small laser line
- Precise measurements on metallic and rough surfaces
- Advanced Real-Time-Surface-Compensation (A-RTSC)
- Integriated controller