Draw wire position sensors
The measurement ranges are from 50mm up to 50,000mm, with many different electrical output options: potentiometer, voltage, current, incremental and absolute encoder, as well as PROFIBUS and CANBUS, available on most ranges.
Environmental protection levels range from IP54 up to IP68 making the sensors suitable for extreme industrial environments. Sensors with GRP bodies are also available for lower cost applications.
Draw wire sensors can be used for R&D, test, OEM integration and retrofit to an existing process or machine environment.
Micro Epsilon are specialists in OEM modification of draw wire sensor designs for OEM applications and have many modified variants already existing as well as the ability to develop complete new specifications if required.
Call now to speak to one of our application engineers on 0151 355 6070
Common applications include:
- hydraulic cylinder position measurement,
- Lifting platforms, Off highway vehicles
- Automotive and Aerospace testing,
- Factory automation,
- Medical devices,
- Structural monitoring of buildings, platforms, and plant
- Industrial machinery and automation
- Laboratory and test rigs
Draw wire sensors are also known in the industry as cable transducers, cable-extension transducers, string potentiometers, draw wire transducers, yo yo pots, linear position string pots, and string encoders.
- Draw-wire sensors for displacement, distance & position measurements up to 50,000mm
- Ideal for difficult-to-access positions
- Resolution towards infinity
- Easy, fast and flexible mounting
- Ideal for customised models
- Compact sensor housing combined with a large measuring range
- High operational safety & long service life
- Analogue and digital outputs